Heralds Point will be open the same hours as last year:
- Wednesday and Thursday of Peace Week from 1-5pm
- Friday, Saturday and Sunday of Mid-Weekend from 11am - 5pm
- Monday of War Week from 2pm - 8pm (our version of midnight madness?)
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of War Week from 11am - 5pm
- Friday of War Week from 11am - 5pm for submission pickup only, no new consultations
If you are in need of heraldic consultation for names, devices, badges, order names, household names, or just some heraldic nerdery, come on by Heralds Point. If you need help with a submission for a branch, household name, or a submission authentic for an uncommon culture, we do ask that you come by early during War to make an appointment with a specialist.
Of course, to handle that "eXtra Large" volume of submitters ... we need a whole lot of heralds, artists, marker-wielders, onomasts, exchequers, armorists, greeters, paper pushers, waiting-submitter-entertainers ... and that means you! We need experienced heralds and non-experienced heralds and non-heralds all, so please consider giving us a few hours of your time. We're happy to have folks volunteering just a few hours, just a couple days, or even most of the days. (Just not -every- day. Enjoy some Pennsic, too.)
Perks for volunteering include:
- freezy pops from the kind folks with Morale!
- picking the brains of some of the best heralds in the SCA
- daily ice cream, courtesy of Laurel Queen of Arms
- making people happy with their new names and armory
- not having to do it all yourself (just want to do names? ok! just want to do armory? ok! just want to color? ok!)
- being in the shade during the hot parts of the day
- nice cold ice water in the afternoon (thanks to the Morale team)
- hot tea or coffee in the morning (thanks to the folks who bring coffee/tea makers)
- did we mention the opportunity to cram your head full of heraldic knowledge?
.... but wait, there's more! We'll be hosting three special events this year:
- The Known World Heralds Party will be Sunday, August 7th from 8pm to 10pm (or whenever people wind down). There will be snacks and heralds - what more could you want?
- The Laurel Road Show will be Monday, August 8th from 9am to Noon. Come see hot, live, heraldic decisions being made!
- The Heraldic Rules Roundtable will be Wednesday, August 10th from 9am to 11am. Come listen to Palimpsest Herald natter on about the impending changes to the Rules for Submission. Feedback and opinions welcome, no heraldic experience needful. There will be a second Roundtable on this topic over in the A&S Tents for those who find mornings abhorrent.
We hope you'll come volunteer your time and knowledge OR utilize our knowledge for your heraldic gain (or both). For one thing ... we told Morale that we'll need more freezy pops this year - they get mad if we're wrong, so please help out!
Marie de Blois
Heralds Point Coordinator